• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 excaliber27

excaliber27
  • CnK Member
  • 70 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 01:38 PM

star_wars_battlefront.0.0.jpg

While we still don't have a date for the upcoming Star Wars: Battlefront beta, the official blog has confirmed that it will be open to everyone and is coming to the Windows PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4. Everyone will be able to begin downloading the moment it's available.

"For now, I can tell you this: the beta will consist of both our offline and online modes including co-op and split-screen co-op, and it will take place on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and via Origin for PC, so we have you covered regardless of your next generation platform of choice," the blog post stated.

Offline play is a nice detail; the ability to play away from your Internet connection has become sadly rare in competitive multiplayer shooters these days.

You'll be able to play the new game mode Drop Zone on the map Sullust, and you can tackle that mission by yourself, with a friend on the same TV and console, or online. There will be bots available for each side.

If you had any concerns about picking the game up, it looks like you're going to be able to spend some time with it before launch, without the need to jump through any hoops.

There are a few details for the open beta but nothing massive yet, here is what we know so far:

• There will be online and offline game modes, these will include split-screen co-op if you fancy tag teaming darth vader
  • You will be able to play Walker Assault on the frozen wasteland that is Hoth 
  • You will also get to try out the new and exciting Drop Zone mode on the volcano infested planet that is Sullust
  • A survival mission will also be available for you to try out on the desert plains of Tatooine, this can be a solo mission or local/online co-op

Bonus FAQ

There were also a few community questions which Matthew Everett, community manager, answered in relation to Beta features. The Fighter Squadron mode will mix up players with 10 AI bots on each team.

Players will also be equipped with a primary sidearm and a good portion of Star Cards which you can customise to your hearts content. For PC users it is important to note that the boxed deluxe version of the game which comes with the following:

• Ion Torpedo 
  • DL-44
  • Bonus Emotes (Shock and Victory)
  • Ion Grenade

However this is not a major setback unless you are an avid collector of boxed games on the PC which is quite rare the days since everything is pretty much moving to downloadble content, aka steam. For those still interested in the bonuses that will be included in the Deluxe Edition then please note you will have to purchase this through EA’s platform Origin.

If you're interested in picking up a copy of StarWars: Battlefront, check out GreenManGaming, the main page has a 23% discount code. This is probably the better deal available right now.

Edited by excaliber27, 17 September 2015 - 01:46 PM.

#2 Goofed

Goofed
  • CnK Member
  • 235 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 19 September 2015 - 09:44 AM

Sign me up. Will have to wait for the Holidays discounts to buy the full game tho.

#3 M777Matt777

M777Matt777
  • Community Lead
  • 367 posts

Posted 08 October 2015 - 06:09 PM

Played like an hour or two its ok.

#4 GreatGnu

GreatGnu
  • Community Admin
  • 3,116 posts

Posted 08 October 2015 - 06:28 PM

Looking good Matt ;)

#5 96accord

96accord
  • Community Admin
  • 3,737 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 09 October 2015 - 10:39 AM

Yeah it's not bad. Better than expected.

"How do I reload the weapons?" lol  :lol:

#6 alienstout

alienstout
  • CnK Member
  • 779 posts

Posted 09 October 2015 - 01:19 PM

Is Karkand in here?

#7 M777Matt777

M777Matt777
  • Community Lead
  • 367 posts

Posted 09 October 2015 - 08:21 PM

Cleaned the rust off now. I get a bc2 feel from this game. I would like to see the other infantry maps.

#8 alienstout

alienstout
  • CnK Member
  • 779 posts

Posted 11 October 2015 - 04:01 PM

Sort of BC2ish with higher jumping and player feel I think but mix in 2142. I'l preorder.

#9 Jaythegreat1

Jaythegreat1
  • Community Lead
  • 2,815 posts

Posted 11 October 2015 - 09:54 PM

Is Karkand in here?

Nor Oasis.

So Alien's out.

#10 alienstout

alienstout
  • CnK Member
  • 779 posts

Posted 13 October 2015 - 04:53 AM

Nor Oasis.

So Alien's out.

Yeah without Oasis I'm really starting to doubt this is a battlefield game. Also, how do you reload the guns? I can't figure it out.

#11 96accord

96accord
  • Community Admin
  • 3,737 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 13 October 2015 - 09:33 AM

Yeah without Oasis I'm really starting to doubt this is a battlefield game. Also, how do you reload the guns? I can't figure it out.

Hey now! I asked that :-(

#12 Crow_robot

Crow_robot
  • CnK Member
  • 94 posts
  • LocationHawai'i

Posted 18 December 2015 - 03:55 PM

It took me a couple days to figure out how to type in the game lol

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: star wars battlefront, open beta, windows, pc, ea, origin, discount

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users